Manoela, Sofia, Marco, and Carlos are among the twenty-one kids of Rafael and Eva. They are rambunctious troublemakers, attacking Blu and Jewel on sight, and shaking their unhatched egg brother. They are playful, and love their father so much that they even use him as a playground. They are all equally mischievous and one has a tendency to rip feathers out of other birds. They are scared to death of their mother as they fearfully scream and quickly fly away from their father when he asks them if they want him to call her. Like most kids, they show disgust when their parents kiss.
At first, only two of the kids are seen. They fly over to Blu and Jewel, asking for hugs. When they get them, one then starts pulling Blu's feathers out, and a third jumps Jewel from behind and pulls at her eyelids. The rest then come at the pair, bringing them down and attacking them both.
They stop when Rafael comes out of their hollow, playing around him instead, even as he talks to Blu and Jewel. At that point, they also play with the then unborn child in the egg. Rafael stops their antics by threatening to call their mother. When Jewel reveals that Blu cannot fly, Rafael almost reconsiders taking them to Luiz, but on seeing the kids harassing their mother, he decides to go for it.
The kids aren't seen, yet are mentioned by their father. As Rafael, Nico, and Pedro attempt to find Carla, Bia, and Tiago in a (what they think is) game of hide and seek, Rafael asks Blu and Jewel's kids to come out and tell him their secret hiding spot so that he can hide from his own eighteen kids.
- Rita (Junior Novel)
- Miguel(Junior Novel)
Since their voice actors are uncredited, but may have been in the additional credits, it is possible, but unknown, that they may have been voiced by, at least, two of the director's daughters. One of them is named after the director, Carlos Saldanha, and two are named after his children, Manoela and Sofia, one of whom may have voiced one of them, and the other, Sofia Scarpa Saldanha, voiced Linda Gunderson as a little girl. Also, another was named Marco.
- When Blu and Jewel first met Rafael he said he had eighteen kids, but only eight were shown in the film, with one still an egg.
- All of the toucan kids look almost exactly like their father except for their small size, and their cream-colored, red-rimmed lower bellies, which they got from their mother.
- Rafael claims they can sense fear.
- One of the kids likes to pluck feathers; his parents don't know why he does that, but Rafael says they're "having him tested."
- In the junior novel, two of them are named as Miguel and Rita.
- Main article: Toucan Kids/Gallery