Tipa is a short, obese man with a short haircut and stubble on his face. He wears a red and white soccer shirt and gray trouser. For the Carnival parade, he dons a chicken-styled outfit with lots of feathers.
He isn't very intelligent, and loves watching soccer on TV along with Armando. Unlike his cohorts, Tipa is not very hostile or vicious. In fact, he is quite fun-loving. While he and Armando were chasing Blu and Jewel, he got distracted by a televised soccer match. He probably came up with the idea to paint two chickens blue so Marcel wouldn't know the Blue Macaws escaped, and to create the chicken float.
Also when he and Armando are told to do something like feeding Nigel, they play rock, paper, scissors to decide who does it. After one such match (In which Tipa won by choosing rock over Armando's scissors), Armando quickly makes up an excuse by saying that "scissors cuts rock" when it is clear that Tipa has won and that Armando is the one who has to feed Nigel. Tipa ends up feeding Nigel and commenting with disgust on Nigel's "cannibalism" appetite of eating chicken meat.
Tipa really likes Fernando, as it is first revealed that he asks Marcel's permission to keep him, but Marcel refuses. Then, it is revealed again that he asks Armando's permission to let Fernando come when he has (secretly) taken Linda and Tulio to their hideout, and Armando reluctantly agrees, and they have him act as an egg-boy at Carnival.
After escaping their falling plane, Tipa and the other smugglers end up in prison, for how long it is not known.
- Tipa: "That you were gonna pay him half as much as you said?"
- Tipa: "Aw man, how come you always win?"
- Tipa: "Nice birdie... here you go."
- Tipa: "Ugh, cannibal."
- Tipa: "They outsmarted us boss, but don't worry, we'll get them back; I have a plan."
- Tipa: "Well, anything sounds dumb when you say it like that."
- Tipa: "But it's Carnival; all the roads will be blocked by the parade."
- Tipa: "Yeah, well, if he's so smart, then why don't you put him in charge?"
- Tipa: "We made a float."
- Tipa: "Where did I put it? I thought it was right here?"
- Tipa: "There it is, got it."
- Tipa: "Can he ride on the plane with us too?"
- Tipa: "Come on Fernando, dance."
- Tipa: "I think they like my moves."
- Tipa: "Hey, keep dancing, egg-boy."
- Tipa: "Hey, Marcel, can we do this again next year?"
- Tipa: "Please, please?"
- Tipa: "Can I drive next year too?"
- Tipa: "Come on, kid."
- Tipa: "We're the best."
- Tipa: "Wow, look at the detail on that thing."
- Tipa: "CANNONBALL!"
- Tipa: "Goldfish"
- Tipa: "Aw, can we keep him boss?"
- Tipa: "So, what's going to happen to those birds?"
- Main article: Tipa/Gallery