Terence the Big Brother Bird is a character in the Angry Birds series of games created by Rovio Entertainment. He was introduced in 2010 and was the second new character added to the game who was not one of the original five birds in the Flock. An entire episode, The Big Setup, was dedicated to his introduction in the original game.
Terence has a short temper when it comes to egg theft and, like most of the Flock, become enraged easily when eggs are discovered missing. Terence is socially awkward, as seen in the Space video, when the Birds gather around the eggs and he sits alone in the forest. However, he can be counted on to fight the Bad Piggies when needed. His immense size makes him a veritable wrecking ball to Pig fortresses. The Flock doesn't try to control him and often will just get out of the way and let Terence wreak destruction.
Little to nothing is known about Terence's history before he joined The Flock. When first seen, the Pigs captured the entire Flock. Terence freed Hal and together they freed the Flock, chasing the Pigs through many different terrains. It should be noted that it was Terence alone who defeated the Helmet Pig, Mustache Pig and King Pig. He was welcomed into The Flock and has been a member ever since.
In the course of the battles with the Pigs, he has traveled to many different locations and environments, including the desert, underground caves and beaches. The Pigs never rest in their quest to steal eggs and the Flock often has to retrieve their eggs on holidays and special occasions.
At an indeterminate time later, the Flock was captured as rare birds and taken to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil where they fought with Blu, Jewel and their friends against Nigel the cockatoo and Mauro and his Marmosets. Terence did not appear originally in Rio, but arrived much later after the others, so it is possible he was not captured originally and made his way to Rio to help rescue The Flock.
In addition to Rio, Terence has also traveled to China twice Japan, where he dressed in traditional sumo garb.
In another adventure, many of the Flock were whisked into Space via a wormhole, gained super powers and fought the Space King and the Space Pigs.
Terence first appeared in the first level of the episode The Big Setup. It was the first time an entire episode focused primarily on one character, although Hal did appear in some levels. He has appeared as a playable character in many versions and episodes of the game released since his introduction, though he is not necessarily in all levels. In the Fuji TV exclusive episode Sakura Ninja, Terence appears dressed as a sumo. This was the first time he has appeared in costume in any game and completely new game sprites were created for this episode.
When launched, Terence will grunt. His attack is similar to Red, it is much more powerful and devastating.
Terence is first introduced in the episode The Big Setup and are used for the majority of the episode, starting from Theme 9-1. It is the only bird that can easily smash through about one block of stone, and it doesn't need a special ability to smash through all types of obstacles. Instead, it uses its weight to crush through objects. However, his strength varies depending on what block(s) he's used on, as a large square block will almost always stop Terence in his tracks.
- Even though Terence seems to be afraid of nothing, he does appear afraid of the Mighty Eagle in a promotional poster.
- He was first referred to by his proper name, Terence, by Red in the Season's Greedings Comic.
- Terence has never spoken in the comics and generally just grunts in the game indicating he may be unable or unwilling to speak. He only hushes his younger brother in the comic, but he didn't say anything.
- Terence is the largest member of The Flock.
- He is Red's older brother
- Even though he has appeared in the game, he has never talked.
- Terence didn't say anything since his childhood. He doesn't talk anymore.
- Terence is the only Rio character who doesn't have a voice.
- Terence is the only Rio character to have a cousin who lives in Iceland named Tony.
Big Brother Bird has appeared in the following games:
- Angry Birds
- Angry Birds Rio
- Angry Birds Seasons
- Angry Birds Space
- Angry Birds Star Wars (as Chewbacca)
- Angry Birds Chrome
- Angry Birds Google+
- Angry Birds Magic
- Angry Birds Vuela Tazos (he does not appear in the game, but is on the Website)
- Angry Birds Fuji TV