| Spoiler Warning!|
This page or section contains plot details or other media contents about an upcoming episode or film. Proceed at your own discretion.
Although not named at the time, Tiago and his sisters are seen at the end of the movie, flying, dancing and singing with their parents. The three chicks also sing a line in the song Real in Rio.
Tiago is first seen helping his sisters Bia and Carla prepare fireworks at New Year's Eve. He is very excited, tying their babysitter Tiny to a firework and darting around with a match. Before Tiago can light the fireworks, he is stopped by Blu and Jewel, who take away the match. When Blu protests that he doesn't always say no, Tiago says that he is in denial. As the fireworks go off with Blu attached to one, Tiago flies up to the Christ the Redeemer with his sisters and mother. As Blu falls onto the statue beside them, Tiago grumbles that he has had all the fun, but then he watches the fireworks in awe.
At breakfast, Tiago steals the blueberries, kicking them at Blu. Blu accidentally sends a pancake flying, and Tiago tries to catch it, only to be squashed against the wall. He greets his mother as she stares at them all, clearly annoyed. Jewel tells Blu that she wants to show the kids how to open the brazil nut she found in the rainforest, but Tiago further annoys her when he opens a can of brazil nuts. After the news announces the sighting of a wild Spix's macaw, Jewel suggests a trip to the Amazon. When Blu hesitantly agrees, Tiago is ecstatic, but then he asks what the Amazon is.
Tiago hurries Blu as they prepare to leave for the Amazon, desperate to go. He takes Blu's swiss army knife, who quickly takes it away. When Bia shows a pop-up snake from her book, Tiago takes it, interested, but Bia takes it back, annoyed. Tiago brings some goggles to the Amazon, and wears them every time he flies. Tiago enjoys the journey, riding on a Rhea, and sometimes annoying his family.
On the boat, Tiago and the others sleep. Nigel is about to kill Blu, but the boat horn then goes off when Charlie hits the switch by accident, waking everyone and foiling Nigel's plan. Nigel makes a hasty getaway, not getting caught as Jewel scolds Tiago, thinking it was him.
When they arrive in the Amazon, Tiago steals Bia's book once again, leading her to chase him. Jewel goes after them before they get lost. When the Spix's macaws are found, Tiago looks on with awe and wonder. As Eduardo is revealed to be his grandfather, Tiago is enthusiastic and curious. He hugs Eduardo along with his sisters, calling him 'pop-pop'.
When Mimi tries to hug them, Tiago, Bia and Carla flee, terrified. Tiago dances with his newly found family during 'Beautiful Creatures', painting his face with red. Later in Roberto's nest, Tiago tries to bag the biggest room. He is then distracted by the jacuzzi, jumping into it. Jewel then sings him and his sisters to sleep, but when she finishes, Tiago begs her to sing it again. Jewel gently declines, and Tiago immediately falls asleep.
The next day, Tiago and some other chicks scare Blu awake with a spider. As the day progresses, Roberto takes him water-skiing and teaches him how to fly backwards. Tiago calls him 'Uncle Beto', and Roberto nicknames him 'T-bird'. At the soccer match, Tiago cheers on Roberto and Blu enthusiastically, jumping up and down and shouting. When Blu scores for the wrong team by accident, Tiago looks saddened and disappointed, flying away with the tribe.
During the battle with the loggers, Tiago and Bia drive a tree harvester away from the trees. Tiago then uses Blu's swiss army knife to help break the engine of a tree harvester, and Tiago high-fives Blu. When Nigel later tries to attack Blu, Blu pulls Tiago and Bia close to defend them, but Gabi drags Nigel away.
Afterwards, Tiago joins in the carnival deliberations, happy in his new home.
Tiago is a happy-go-lucky, brave, free-loving, mischievous, very agile chick, who loves going on adventures. A trouble maker, Tiago is adventurous and free-spirited. He appears to have little manners, shown when he takes Bia's book, when he burps after drinking soda, and when he farts while relaxing in a bird-sized jacuzzi in Roberto's nest.
Tiago is the youngest of the kids by three minutes, and the only boy. If something needs to be blown up or destroyed, he is the one to go to. Always up for adventure, Tiago quickly becomes right at home exploring the wild. He is extremely mischievous, scaring his father awake with a spider, and often irritating his sisters by stealing their possessions, shown when he twice steals Bia's book. He also tends to interrupt his sisters, as shown in the first teaser trailer, the New Year's countdown video, and the "Beautiful Creatures" video where his sisters are dancing together and he comes in between them.
Tiago is a skinny young chick who looks exactly like his father, including his "hair" style, but he has ten dark blue feathers, like Jewel, and they stick up. He also has downy feathers that stick up on the back of his neck and on his chest. He has dark blue feathers, lighter blue facial markings, light grey feet, dark grey beak, and brown eyes that are the same hazel-brown color as his sister's. He has the second largest wings, despite being the youngest of his brood. Despite how much they look alike, Tiago prefers to hang out with Jewel, rather than Blu. Being the youngest, he is the smallest and shortest.
Tiago likes having fun with his father. During breakfast, he kicks blueberries over to him, soccer-style. He also enjoys playing pranks on him, like dangling a spider over his face. He is seen cheering for Blu at the Pit of Doom, and wincing when he gets hit in the head with the ball.
Tiago loves his mother very much. After she sings the kids her lullaby, he asks her to sing it again. Jewel declines, but gives him a goodnight kiss on the forehead.
Tiago seems to enjoy annoying his sister, taking her books without permission, and laughing when she says "pupa" (thinking she said "poop"). But they work well together during the battle against the loggers, driving a tree harvester away from the trees.
During their attempt to set off some fireworks, Tiago shows little patience for Carla's "vision", preferring to set them off and watch the explosions. They briefly argue about who gets the biggest room in Roberto's nest.
Tiago enjoys being with his grandfather, calling him 'pop-pop', and later dances happily with him.
Tiago, along with his sisters, was initially frightened of Mimi as she rushed to hug them for the first time. However, they later love her, dancing with her, watching the game in the Pit of Doom with her.
Tiago likes and looks up to Roberto, calling him "Uncle Beto." He has fun surfing lillies with him, learning how to fly backwards, and joining in his trademark call. He also cheers for him at the Pit of Doom.
It was once speculated that the younger version of Tiago shown at the end of Rio (due to his significant difference in appearance) was a different chick named Roma, from a different brood of hatchlings. There, Roma was singing "Real in Rio" with his family. He had brown eyes (darker than Achez), and deep-blue feathers. This first brood was presumed to leave the nest in Rio 2.
This was later confirmed to be false by director Carlos Saldanha.
- Tiago has ten dark blue feathers on his head, just like his mother.
- Tiago is the only chick that is flexible enough to do the worm and spin on his head.
- Tiago is the smallest of his brood, and his wings are the second smallest (after Bia).
- Tiago prefers to hang out with his mother.
- In the 2013 promo poster, he is seen on the right of Bia.
- In one of the posters for Rio 2, he is seen wearing a baseball cap and using a leaf as a paddle.
- Tiago is seen wearing goggles in both the first trailer and a promotional still.
- Tiago does have goggles in the movie, and takes them with him to the Amazon, keeping them on at all times during the journey from Rio to the Amazon.
- Tiago was originally going to be called "Bobby", but his name was changed to Tiago.
- Tiago seems to like to tie a spider onto a string and scare his father awake, along with a few other chicks.
- He enjoys being around Roberto, waterskiing with him, and learning flying tricks from him.
- Tiago enjoys watching TV in Linda and Tulio's cottage, along with both of his siblings.
- Tiago, and both his siblings, run away from their great-aunt Mimi when she tries to hug them.
- Tiago was born 6 minutes and 25 seconds after Carla and 3 minutes after Bia.
- He is a bit immature, because in the Amazon, Tiago teases Bia when she says the word pupa. He thinks that it sounds like poop.
- Flexibility, which he gets from his father
- Lighting a match
- Tiago can balance blueberries on his beak.
- Water Skiing
- Human Intelligence
- While not the smartest of his siblings, Tiago is able to open a can of nuts, and can use Blu's Swiss army knife.
- Tiago: "This is gonna be awesome!"
- Tiago: "Here's my vision: Boom! Pow! Bang! KAPOW!"
- Tiago: "Here we go!"
- Tiago: "Dad..."
- Tiago: "Dad, you're in denial"
- Tiago: "...have to stick together."
- Tiago: "Oh dad! Looking for this?"
- Tiago: "Heads up dad!"
- Tiago: "Like this? Dad already showed us!"
- Tiago: "Yeah! Woo hoo! We're going to the Amazon!"
- Tiago: "Wait... what's the Amazon?"
- Tiago: "Woo, this is great!"
- Tiago: "Yeah!"
- Tiago: "Woah, cool! I'll be in charge of this!
- Tiago: "I didn't do anything!"
- Tiago: "Aw, that's sick!"
- Tiago: "It's so cool, it has six rooms!"
- Tiago: "I get the big room!"
- Tiago: "No way a bird bath!?"
- Tiago: (Farts) "Jacuzzi."
- Tiago: "Can you sing that again, please?"
- Tiago: "Awesome."
- Tiago: "Thanks, dad!"
- Tiago: "Hi, Mom!"
- Tiago: "Faster, faster, faster!"
- Tiago: "Cuck-kaw, cuck-kaw!"
- Tiago: "Now we're talking."
- Tiago: "We're a great team, dad!"
- Tiago: "Hey dad, Uncle Beto taught me some flying tricks! Look, I can fly backwards!"
- Tiago: "Aww man."
- Tiago: "Now we're talking."
- Tiago: "Why does Dad get to have the most fun?!"
- Tiago: "You said poop!"
- Main article: Tiago/Gallery
|Rio (2011) • Rio 2 (2014) • Rio 3 (TBA)|
|Rio: The Series (TBD)|
|Blu • Jewel • Rafael • Nico • Pedro • Luiz • Bia • Carla • Tiago • Nigel • Fernando • Linda Gunderson • Tulio Monteiro • Eva • Mimi • Eduardo • Roberto • Gabi • Charlie • Felipe • Tiny • Clara|
|Multiplayer Party Game • DS version • Angry Birds Rio|
|"Real in Rio" • "Hot Wings (I Wanna Party)" • "Pretty Bird" • "Take You To Rio" • "Telling the World" • "Sapo Cai" • "Fly Love" • Samba de Orly • "What Is Love" • "Welcome Back" • "It's A Jungle Out Here" • "I Will Survive" • "Don't Go Away" • "Beautiful Creatures" • "Favo De Mel" • "Ô Vida" • "Bola Viva" • "Poisonous Love"|