There are very few policies which apply across all Wikia. Policies for this Wiki are found below. These guidelines must be obeyed. If you have a problem with any of the guidelines, please bring it up on the talk page. Thank you.
- No vandalism - Offensive text, blanking pages, and messing up pages is a violation of all Wiki policies. Such behavior will have you blocked from this wiki.
- Everyone hates spam - Don't go Fast-Tony'ing around by selling your products, organization, or bank scams. You will be blocked.
- This wiki is about Rio - So information within the articles must be from the actual Rio body-of-art. If your content is about unrelated stuff from other movies or matters, don't post it.
- Information must be true - Only add information from official Rio sources (like Blue Sky studios or from the director Carlos Saldanha). Speculation is forbidden. So if you have an article about Rio: The Series and no references, don't post, it will be deleted, and possibly protected.
- You can't predict the future - Don't make up upcoming movies or new characters as we refer as an "Ice Crystal Balls". It will be deleted.
- Posting copyright violations is theft - Don't be lazy by copy/pasting from websites (except text under GFDL like Wikipedia). Rewrite it in your own words. We do accept Rio images under fair use (see Rio Wiki:Copyrights) however, uploading fully copyrighted texts and illegal torrents will result in being blocked permanently.
- We're not MySpace or Facebook, we are an earnest source of Rio information - Don't treat this like a place to make friends, it's not. You edit and be productive or you get it. You are allowed to make friends; consider using the blogs, forum and chat for that purpose instead of the articles (only if is Rio related). However extended conversations must be held via email.
- Check, check, check - Your spelling is important to the wikis content. Try not to make a mess on the page such as spelling errors and broken links. Try out Sandbox to practice editing.
- Most important - Have fun! But try to make sure those around you have fun too!
- No media contents including images, icons, videos, .pdf documents and audio files whose subtances show neither relation to the franchise Rio or any matters or issues of Rio Wiki shall be kept on this site. The only exception is that these medias are specifically used in a way that is necessary to this site's functionality or an individual whose identity exists on this site. These foreign medias shall be permanently deleted by the adminstrators once found or report. This term of agreement has been unanimously executed on April 21, 2014.
Image use guidelines
- Main article: Rio Wiki:Image Policy
- Images should be high quality, mid to low resolution (no bigger than 800 pixels wide) and PNG or JPG.
- Images should be named correctly, do not add IM0423.jpg to our files, but rather name it correctly, examples: Rio 2 Blu Flying.png, Rio de Janeiro.jpg, Rio Soundtrack Cover.jpg, etc.
Images should have the
This screenshot is from a copyrighted film. The the copyright owner is most likely to be the studio who produced the film, Blue Sky Studios and it's distributor, 20th Century Fox. However, it has be used in a way that qualifies as fair use under US copyright law. See Wikipedia:Fair use for more information.
General article guidelines
- No Internet slangs - while this is an online encyclopedia covering everything in Rio, please refrain from using common Internet speech such as "how r u", "he died 2" or "leet" language like "H1 W475 UP?" (hi what's up). Smileys such as ":)" shouldn't be used either, this applies to articles.
- Keep interaction focused on improvement - do not add messages like "will he return on the next movie" or "i love this character!" on the talk pages of characters.
No personal feelings - please refrain from adding "______ character is the coolest from Rio" or "______ movie sucks".
- Add trivia but don't copy paste from IMDb.
Category use guidelines
- Main article: Rio Wiki:Category Policy
Categories have been created in order to classify pages into groups according to their mutual similarity in their contents. There are procedures and sets of rules that users must follow in order to correctly add an article to a category or create his/her new article without corrupting those categories or pages.
- Main article: Rio Wiki:Fan-art Policy
Fan-made drawings, sketches, or any digital materials made by any third parties unaffiliated with Blue Sky Studios or 20th Century Fox or fans are enforced with strict usage and regulations. Every users are required to properly use those files as described by Rio Wiki Fan Art Policy.
- Do not edit a user page if it's not your own - it's rude, and if there's a orthography/grammatical error or suggestion, you can say it to the user by contacting through his/her message wall.
Do not add images that are copyrighted - Screenshots or part of them shouldn't go on your page, it goes away from the fair use policy in the USA. Completely user generated images/fanart are OK to add.
- You are free to add links to other Wikia wikis you use, to add own polls for fun, to-do lists, etc.
- Only add external links to show off your work on other website, example: you can add a link to your YouTube channel if you make your own video productions, your Newgrounds profile if you're a flash designer, your deviantART account if you're a visual artist/writer, etc.
No links to personal websites. You can't add a link to your Facebook profile/MySpace, etc. Twitter is allowed since it doesn't have a lot of personal information.
- Do not use URL shorteners like bit.ly or tinyurl.com.
- Do not add links to adult websites, it is considered spam and you could be blocked forever in this Wiki if you do so.
User talk pages
- Sign your posts with ~~~~, it is important to do so to know who is leaving a message. There are no rules on how your signature should be, because it'll follow you all around Wikia, but it is highly recommended to have a link back to your profile and another one to your user talk. Signature settings can be changed in your preferences.
- Contact other users with their talk page - if there's something important to tell them, don't just add "Hi how are you" or stuff that isn't focused on taking actions on the wiki.
- Reply on the other user pages - if someone leaves a message on your page and the discussion is only meant to be between you and him/her, it'd be polite to reply on their own user talk page so that they find your response easier, this doesn't apply to admin pages.
- Be polite - treat people as you want them to treat you.
- Don't spam - don't insert gibberish (example: aeh0tuw4htuhq34-prj2qh308hrq3r), nonsense text in other people pages.
User sub-directories, for example User:ABC/Notes, can be used only by their own user who created the page after adding an slash (/) and a name after their username. They can have notes, memos, or drafts of articles they're working in, also movie reviews about the Ice Age film series can be added, personal thoughts, etc.
- Do NOT insert profanity into articles, categories, images, comments or any other page on Rio wiki. You be blocked for up a year if you do it. If you continue to do it after the block expires you will be blocked for even longer. Any pages created with profanity will be either deleted or have the words changed. If the title has profanity in it, the article will either be moved, and have the redirect left behind or it will be deleted and then protected so only admins at Rio wiki can create it. Then you will be reported to wikia staff if you do so.
- No one is allowed to post adult content in articles or upload mature images. Anyone who does will be blocked for two years a minimum, and at the most indefinetly. Then you will be reported to wikia staff for do so.
- If you post threatings messages in a article or a talk page, you'll be blocked indefinetly, and reported to wikia staff.
No fan pages
- While we accept Rio fan-made drawings and work of art under the term of Fan-art policy, we the administrators of Rio Wiki have agreed that all fan stories (fan fiction) should be posted on Rio fanon wiki (created by Vin13ish) rather than here.
- Main article: User blog:Lady Blue/Talk Page Guidelines - EVERYONE READ
- No spam (posting useless links)
- No profanity
- No going off-subject from what the article is about (like talking about Madagascar when your on the article about Rio)
- No sharing opinions or thoughts out characters (such as I hate XXXX characters, etc.)
- No links to adult sites or images. This will get you banned no questions asked.
- No trolling or hating other users.
- Only post a comment if you feel that it will be helpful to improving the article.
- Making edit requests if you can't edit a page, move a page or upload images.
- Asking a question if you aren't sure whether something should be added or removed or not.
- The images uploaded here include only screenshots (such as File:Jewel Is Not Amused.jpg),film posters (such as File:Rio.jpg) or any images related to Rio franchise in which all must be official images released by Fox or Blue Sky Studio and other third parties in affialiation with the two. Fan-made drawing, arts and photos or any other unofficial visual materials are not allowed on main articles and can only be posted in the following pages:
- User page
- User blog
- User talk
- Personal template
The only time a promotional image should be used as a character's portrait in Character Infobox is when we can't find a good screenshot of that character completely still, so there isn't any blurs or pixelatation around him or her.