He is not a pretty bird, but used to be quite a looker. Once a popular television star, he was replaced by a young parakeet from Paraguay named Petricious. Since then, Nigel has had it out for all birds of beauty. Nigel put his jealousy and rage to use in his role as the "evil henchbird" of Marcel and the smugglers.
Nigel is also the main antagonist of Angry Birds Rio.
Nigel is first seen as a "patient" at Tulio's aviary. However, his sickness is quickly revealed to be a front; that night, he tricks a guard into picking him up by pretending to be injured, then knocks him out with a chloroform-soaked rag and steals his keys. He then lets Fernando in, and Fernando steals Blu and Jewel and brings them to Marcel's hideout. When Jewel tries to escape, Nigel pins her down and starts choking her, taunting her by asking, "What's the matter? Cockatoo got your throat?" However, Marcel orders Nigel to bring Jewel back alive, so Nigel returns her to the cage. Blu and Jewel are then locked up along with many other captured exotic birds. Nigel is fed chicken meat by Tipa. After finishing his meal, Nigel comes to Blu and Jewel and explains the motivation of his evil nature with the song "Pretty Bird." He was once the star of a popular animal show, until he was kicked out and replaced by a parakeet; now he has a hatred for "pretty birds." He says that he plans on making them "ugly" as well, then he bids the macaws sweet nightmares and flies away, laughing evilly. Later, Nigel hears the macaws trying to escape and tries to stop them. Nigel chases Blu and Jewel into the slums of Rio de Janeiro. He nearly catches them, but they escape at the last moment, and Nigel collides with an electrical transformer, blacking out the whole city of Rio in the process. After recovering, Nigel heads back to the smugglers' hideout.
Nigel is sent by Marcel to retrieve Blu and Jewel, while Marcel and the other smugglers (Tipa and Armando) plan to use the Carnival show to hide the smuggling of the birds to get to the nearest airport.
Nigel hires a horde of mischievous marmosets to help him catch Blu and Jewel, in doing so, he abuses their leader Mauro, and threatens to give them "flying lessons" if they do not find them by the end of the day.
The marmosets track Blu and Jewel to the Samba Club. Mauro confronts them, but the Samba Club birds defend their friends, and the birds and the marmosets engage in a battle. The marmosets lose the battle, and fail to capture Blu and Jewel. Later, Nigel arrives at the place where the battle had been. He finds a green bird named Tiny, interrogates her, and terrorizes her into telling him the whereabouts of the Blue Macaws. Nigel then abuses Mauro for his failure, then decides to take matters into his own hands and goes after Blu and Jewel himself.
As Jewel is flying through the sky crying (having had a falling out with Blu), Nigel ambushes her, grabbing her by the neck. Jewel breaks free and tries to fight back, but Nigel quickly overpowers and captures her, then, after briefly mocking her, he flies away with her in his talons, laughing insanely.
Nigel then takes Jewel to the smugglers' parade float, and uses her as bait to lure in Blu, Rafael, Pedro and Nico. When they arrive at the parade, he captures Rafael, Nico and Pedro unseen, then, when Blu tries to release Jewel, Nigel ambushes him and locks him in a cage. Nigel then gives Marcel a few of Blu and Jewel's feathers as proof that he has captured them. The captives are then loaded into the smugglers' plane, and the the plane takes off.
During the flight, Blu manages to free himself and all the other captive birds. Nigel and Marcel notice this, but Blu blocks the cockpit door with a pile of cages, preventing Nigel and Marcel from coming through. Blu then opens the hatch, and lets the birds escape out of the plane. However, as Jewel tries to comfort Blu over his fear of flying, Nigel escapes the cockpit, and the villainous cockatoo attacks Blu, pins him, and attempts to strangle him. Jewel tries to attack Nigel, but Nigel throws her into the plane's wall, causing a cage to fall on Jewel's wing, injuring it. Nigel gleefully mocks the macaws, but, an angered Blu notices that the fire extinguisher he used to escape his cage is close to them. Blu manages to grab the fire extinguisher, hooks it onto Nigel's leg and releases the pin, setting it off. Nigel is blasted out of the plane and sucked into one of the propellers, shredding off most of his feathers, seemingly killing him and eventually causing the plane to crash.However, some time later, Nigel is revealed to have survived, but has lost most of his feathers and is humiliated by a "photo finish" by Mauro as payback for his abuse against him and the other marmosets earlier.
A few years after the first film, Nigel, who suffered the most undignified of indignities (defeated by what he calls “the pretty birds” and losing his feathers in the process), is back. However, he now flies like a chicken and wears an Elizabethan vest (which covers up some unsightly marks on his chest) due to his previous accident. Shortly after the plane crash at the end of the first film, he was found by humans, taken into a veterinary surgery and operated on. The head surgeon, Dr. Monáe, commented that "he'll live, but he'll never fly again". After that, Nigel began working as a fortune-teller’s assistant at a third-rate street fair. He is made to wear an accompanying "fortune-teller's" hat during performances. Nigel is now at the lowest point in his life, and he's not happy about it.
While working at the fair, Nigel has met a small pink-poison dart frog called Gabi - who has a crush on him - and a big mute anteater called Charlie, who wears a bowler hat and a bow tie. During a performance, Nigel spots Blu and his family flying overhead. After experiencing flashbacks of the trauma Blu caused him, Nigel snaps, claiming "That blue bird caused my misery"; he becomes enraged, attacks his audience and handler, and forcefully escapes from the fair. Along the way, he liberates Gabi and Charlie from the street fair as well. He quickly enlists them as his minions and together, Nigel, Gabi, and Charlie follow Blu and his family, with Nigel intent on getting revenge on Blu for defeating and humiliating him.
Nigel's predominant passions are Shakespeare, evil, alliteration, revenge, and attention. For Nigel, revenge is a dish best served cold... and with lots of blue feathers.
Nigel and his two minions follow the blue macaws onto a ship. Nigel plans to attack them at midnight, while they sleep, "because it's more evil." While Nigel and Charlie sleep, Gabi sings a song about how she loves Nigel, but also about how her venomous skin would kill him if they touch. Nigel wakes up after the song is over, thinking he just had a nightmare. He then decides it's time to attack, and the villainous trio stealthy moves through the ship towards Blu and his family, who have fallen asleep at the top of the ship. Nigel reaches the macaws, just as Gabi is about to poison Blu, and he stops Gabi, wanting Blu for himself. Nigel approaches Blu, raising his talons and preparing to kill him. However, before Nigel can strike, Charlie (who had been distracted by some ants in a bottle) accidentally sets off the ship's horn, waking everyone up. However, Nigel, Gabi, and Charlie are driven off the ship by the humans before Blu and his family can catch even one tiny look at them. After this, Nigel follows Blu and his family to the Amazon Rainforest, still determined to have his revenge.
A few days later, Nigel is still searching for his enemies. While hiding in the bushes, he sees "Blu" nearby. Charlie then catapults Nigel towards the blue macaw with his tongue, and a disguised Nigel attacks the macaw and pins it. However, the macaw is not Blu, and Nigel has landed at the place where the auditions overseen by Nico, Pedro, and Rafael are. Nigel becomes interested in the idea of being a "star" again and enters. When Rafael points out that Nigel looks familiar, Nigel goes under the name of "Bob the bird" to avoid suspicion. Nigel comes up with an act, on the fly, which sparks his inner artist, and he wins the audition.
After discovering that everyone will be at the new show, Nigel uses his new found attention to his advantage and plots to kill Blu with a poisonous dart, using a porcupine quill as a dart, Gabi's venom for poison, and Charlie's long snout to fire the dart. However, as they prepare, he gets a little too into his act, walking right by Blu without even acknowledging him (despite Gabi's alerts), all the while demanding glitter for his performance.
Nigel's performance is cancelled, as the loggers attack the jungle and a battle ensues between the loggers and the jungle animals. Nigel and Gabi head towards the battle, Nigel riding on Charlie's back, and Gabi on the anteater's hat. When they arrive, Nigel spots Blu at the battle. The cockatoo orders Charlie to fire the poisoned dart at Blu, but the dart misses and rebounds towards Nigel, but Nigel dodges it just in time. When Blu removes some lit TNT from a site of designated trees to be demolished, Nigel prevents Big Boss, the head logger, from stopping him, wanting Blu for himself. As Blu flies the TNT upwards into the air, Nigel grabs on and tugs on the ropes, dragging himself towards his nemesis. Nigel attacks Blu, and as they are falling down, Nigel reveals himself to Blu just as the TNT blows up. However, both Nigel and Blu survive the explosion, and end up tangled in vines, upside down and unconscious. When they both regain consciousnesses, Nigel attacks Blu and they have a feather fight. Gabi and Charlie try to help Nigel by shooting Blu with another poisoned dart, but it accidentally hits Nigel. Nigel, thinking that he is about to die, gives an Elizabethan death speech as many birds arrive, then seemingly dies and falls off a branch to the ground below. Gabi, thinking that she killed Nigel and unwilling to live without him, drinks a drop of her own poison and seemingly dies. However, Blu's daughter, Bia, points out that Gabi is not poisonous at all. Both Nigel and Gabi are still alive, proving Bia right (Gabi was convinced by her parents that she was poisonous). Nigel, still vengeful, tries to attack Blu and his family one last time, but Gabi drags Nigel away and showers him with affection against his will.
After losing most of his feathers and the power of flight, Nigel has been reduced to dancing in the streets of Rio for scraps of food. When he overhears two Hollywood producers talk about they'd like to bring him back, Nigel pulls one of his trademark moves. Unfortunately, neither one of them recognize Nigel due to his feather loss, and laugh at him. Nigel steals a woman's feather boa and glues the feathers to him, again trying to catch the producers' eyes. They are scared by him and chase him away. Nigel then overhears Blu and Jewel talking about a magical elixir that could supposedly restore his feathers, and he decides to follow them.
Though they beat him to the cave containing the elixir, Nigel manages to distract Blu and Jewel by sending a swarm of angry bats against them, resulting in a cave-in that traps the two blue macaws. Nigel is then knocked into the elixir by one of the bats. The elixir doesn't work, but Nigel deludes himself into thinking that it did. Bia, Carla and Tiago then arrive, and Nigel taunts them with their parents' fate.
When Ssssalbatore is released, Nigel ends up getting knocked down the mountain by him. Nigel finds himself back in Rio, but his attempts to get attention are curtailed when Ssssalbatore (With Blu hanging on) knocks him down. Nigel finds the producers, and they do show interest in him - but only to capture him and show him off as a "freak". Nigel runs away from them, insisting that he's a "pretty bird".
As the primary antagonist of the franchise, Nigel exhibited highly anti-social behavior.
He is very violent, constantly seen using physical force to injure or terrorize other characters. For instance, he threatened to give Mauro and his subordinates "flying lessons" in order to coerce the monkeys into helping him find Blu and Jewel. After the battle in the samba club, Nigel arrived at the scene and terrorized another bird into telling him where the blue macaws went, by threatening to "pop" or "crack" her head.
He is also extremely sadistic, often taking great joy and pleasure in others' suffering. For example, he was shown in the smugglers' lair to terrorize the captured birds, and he later ridiculed Jewel when her wing was injured. In both situations, he laughed maniacally in response to seeing his victims' fear and injury.
He is also very ruthless; he shows no pity or mercy to his victims and enemies. He also holds no remorse for his evil deeds.
Nigel's two most predominant passions are performing, and being a villain.
Nigel is also intelligent, short-tempered, vengeful, cunning, cruel, malevolent, and greedy.
Nigel has a slender, muscular appearance, and also has patchy ragged greyish-white feathers, brown eyes, and pale red bags around his eyes, which are somewhat bloodshot. Nigel has unusually large and sharp talons for a cockatoo. Nigel is tall, taller than Blu and Jewel, and his feathers often molt. Like other Sulphur cockatoos, Nigel has white and yellow crest feathers on the top of his head.
In Rio 2, Nigel wears a bird-sized vest of Elizabethan design. He now has a large bald patch on his chest, which is concealed by the Elizabethan vest.
Nigel is noticeably stronger than most other bird characters in terms of physical strength, considering both his size and sharp talons. He obviously has knowledge about his physical advantage and uses this to his own ends throughout the franchise.
Apart from physical superiority, Nigel is also more devious than average birds, enabling him to sometimes outwit even humans. For example, he used a cloth soaked with Chloroform to disable the guard at Tulio's aviary in an attempt to capture Blu and Jewel.
His intelligence is very high, he is smarter then the smugglers and most other characters. His intelligence is only challenged by his nemesis, Blu.
He is also a skilled manipulator, being able to fool Tulio and his employees into thinking he was sick and injured.
Nigel's level of speed is unusual for a cockatoo; almost like that of a bird of prey. His flying skills where great in first movie, but after his accident, his flight abilities seem to have been crippled. Despite this, he still has his unnatural speed.
Nigel also has endurance, shown to be high enough to survive an extreme electric shock. His endurance was also high enough to survive a plane crash, though he lost much of his feathers and his flight abilities. He also survived an explosion with only minor burns.
Marcel is/was Nigel's master. Marcel seems to be the only character toward whom Nigel has shown signs of affection. Nigel shows some degree of loyalty towards Marcel, serving him as his pet and enforcer, and classifies himself as Marcel's "evil henchbird." While Nigel responded to Tipa's praise in a hostile manner, he seemed to accept Marcel's praise quite readily. Marcel is often seen petting Nigel, and treats him like a completely competent second-in-command. However, Marcel didn't seem to be particularly concerned when Nigel was blasted out of the plane, and Nigel didn't show much concern for Marcel after their defeat.
Blu is Nigel's arch-enemy. The cockatoo's first encounter with Blu was at Tulio's aviary, during which time Nigel pretended to be a "sick bird." Nigel responded to Blu's "Get well soon" with a sinister glare, which made Blu cringe. Afterwards, at the smugglers' lair, Nigel attempted to terrorize Blu, just like what he did to many other birds. Since then, Nigel developed a rivalry with Blu, showed a hatred of him, and acted in a hostile manner towards him throughout the movie, constantly attempting to terrorize, humiliate, or injure Blu, who often referred to Nigel as "scary, but not cool".
Since Blu defeated and humiliated Nigel in the first film, Nigel's hatred of Blu grew stronger and he held a powerful grudge against him. So when Nigel sees Blu and his family nearby, he instantly desires revenge and follows them, planning to kill Blu once and for all.
Though Nigel and Blu are completely different in personality and nature, they have certain things in common; both where pets, both are highly intelligent, and both like to live like humans. However, though they where both pets, Nigel was trained to do a certain task, smuggling birds, and Blu was not.
Nigel and Jewel are mortal enemies, and seem to despise each other. Jewel first encountered Nigel when she tried to escape from the smugglers' lair, but she was soon overpowered by Nigel due to the cockatoo's physical prowess. Nigel often called her "Pretty Bird", and constantly tried to terrorize or humiliate her. However, despite Nigel's constant attempts to terrorize Jewel (just like he did with many other characters), she was not afraid of him. On several occasions, Jewel tried to fight Nigel, but was defeated by him.
The two subordinates of Marcel seem to be afraid of Nigel. The two were very reluctant to feed the latter, and they were constantly humiliated or threatened by the cockatoo.
Nico and Pedro seem to be scared of Nigel and couldn't be paid money to tamper with his temper. However, Nigel wasn't seen directly interacting with Nico or Pedro in the movie. During Carnival, Nigel captures Nico, Pedro, and Rafael and locks them up in a cage, but it is not seen in the movie. It is revealed later when Nigel locks up Blu, and Blu stands up to Nigel by saying, "Oh come on, you really think I came alone? I've got three of the meanest, roughest, craziest birds in all of Rio right behind me!" and then his attention is turned towards Nico, Pedro, and Rafael by Pedro celebrating, thinking they were saved, but Nico mournfully says, "I think he means us." Nigel doesn't seem to acknowledge very much, barely even looking in their direction.
In the sequel, he auditions for them under the pseudonym "Bob the bird", with neither of them recognizing him. They show surprise when his true identity is revealed.
In the first film, Rafael is never seen directly interacting with Nigel. Although, Rafael, Nico, and Pedro were overpowered and captured by Nigel off-screen, before Blu had tried to free Jewel from her cage inside the smugglers' parade float.
In the second film, when Nigel enters Nico and Pedro's talent show auditions, Rafael is the only one to see that the disguised Nigel looks familiar. When Nigel is unmasked, Rafael comments "I told you I knew him from somewhere".
Gabi is Nigel's sidekick and "evil henchfrog." Gabi is incredibly loyal to Nigel and is deeply in love with him. However, Nigel disregards Gabi's affection for him, seeing her mostly as a lackey, and a means to get his revenge on Blu. Despite this however, he seems to treat her a bit better then he treats Charlie.
Charlie is Nigel's steed and "silent muscle." Despite the anteater's loyalty to him, Nigel treats Charlie as a mere minion, and often rides on his back like a horse, making Charlie carry him everywhere.
Nigel captured the Angry Birds, but not before they could break out. In the boss fight against Nigel in Jungle Escape, very few birds (most of the time, except the White Bird) could defeat him, they could just add red spots). In the later boss in Smuggler's Plane, even (rarely) the Black Bird could defeat him but the Big Brother Bird could (most of the time) defeat him, and blast Nigel out of the plane and into the propeller blade.
- Playing Sick
- Nigel is shown to have incredible speed throughout the franchise.
- Nigel has considerably high endurance, notably surviving a plane crash and an explosion.
- Physical Strength
- Nigel is noticeably stronger than most other bird characters in terms of physical strength, considering both his size and sharp talons.
- Manipulation of Torture and Fear
- Nigel liked to torture the birds he captured and bring fear into their minds.
- Skilled Manipulator
- Able to fool Tulio and his employees.
- Nigel is sometimes thought to be the secondary antagonist of Rio: he is not because although Marcel is his master in the first film, Nigel is a far more predominant character.
- His true full name is Cocks "Nigel" Cockatoo. It should be noted that "Cock" means a rooster, or male chicken, and has nothing to do with a cockatoo.
- Although a Sulfur-crested Cockatoo's diet consists almost entirely of insects or plants, Nigel was seen eating a chicken leg in the film. It is mistakenly said by Tipa to be cannibalism; it isn't because cannibalism is defined as eating flesh from the same species. Despite this, it still rather unusual for a cockatoo.
- When Nigel was a telenovela star, he starred in TV shows called Fly Hard, All My Flock, and As the Cage Turns, and participated in the Carnival parade. He was also once popular all across South America.
- The extended version of the song "Pretty Bird" mentions that when Nigel was pushed out of fame, he was replaced by a parakeet from Paraguay called Petricious. This is the reason he was drawn to criminal activities. However, in both the long version and the shortened version, it also mentions that "they got a pretty parakeet to fill [his] shoes."
- He is the only bird to be plucked of nearly all his feathers.
- Like Blu, Nigel was a pet. However, although he was a pet like Blu, he was trained to do a certain task (smuggling birds) and Blu wasn't.
- Surprisingly enough, he is somehow damaged by the Mighty Eagle's earthquake in Angry Birds Rio, which is unusual being that he is never even close to the ground in levels when you fight him.
- Nigel is, without a doubt, one of the most evil Blue Sky Studios villains ever
- Nigel was the one who pretended to be sick just to fool his enemies.
- Nigel likes to torture or terrorize exotic birds (mainly macaws and parakeets).
- Nigel is the only villain in the franchise to have his own song.
- A tree frog named Gabi is in love with Nigel in Rio 2.
- For Rio, in the McDonalds Happy Meals toy, there was a toy of him with keys in one of his wings.
- In Rio 2, Nigel wears a bird-sized vest to hide a large patch of missing feathers on his chest.
- When Nigel grabs a bird, he often tends to grasp his talons around its neck, as he does when he captures Jewel and tries to kill Blu on the plane in Rio.
- According to Blue Sky Studio's Q&A on Twitter, Nigel was originally in a circus and his minions included a jaguar and an ostrich, along with Gabi and Charlie.
- According to Carlos Saldanha in an interview, Nigel is his favorite character.
- Nigel: "Hello, pretty bird."
- Nigel: "What's the matter? Cockatoo got your throat?"
- Nigel: "To be continued."
- Nigel: "Something seems to be lodged in my beak."
- Nigel: "Would you mind?"
- Nigel: "Oh, I know I'm not a pretty birdie. But I used to be quite a looker. A star."
- Nigel: "Sweet nightmares!"
- Nigel: "Going somewhere, pretty bird?"
- Nigel: "Temper, temper."
- Nigel: "Now come along, my dear. We're going to a parade."
- Nigel: "And everybody... loves... a parade."
- Nigel: "Oh, pity. Now we have two useless, flightless birds."
- Nigel: "So kind of you to join our little soireé."
- Nigel: "Ah, love, it's such a powerful and... stupid thing."
- Nigel: "One down, and one to go."
- Nigel: "I don't need to find him. He'll find you."
- Nigel: "There are two blue macaws out there, and I need your multitude of eyes to help me find them."
- Nigel: "Well, that's a fair question."
- Nigel: "I certainly see your point."
- Nigel: "But what could I possibly do in return?"
- Nigel: "Well, that's a thought, yeah."
- Nigel: "But is it enough? I don't want to feel like I'm cheating you."
- Nigel: "All right. You've twisted my wing. Deal."
- Nigel: "Now then, anymore questions?"
- Nigel: "No... good."
- Nigel: "You will spread out and you will find these macaws by the end of the day."
- Nigel: "Or it's flying lessons for everyone!"
- Nigel: "Go do your monkey business."
- Nigel: "Hello, boys. Seems like you've had a busy day."
- Nigel: "I'm not interested in your nicked knick-knacks."
- Nigel: "Your burgled baubles bore me."
- Nigel: "Let's discuss it."
- Nigel: "What happened?"
- Nigel: "Stop your chirping and talk to me."
- Nigel: "When I bite down on you're head, will it go 'pop,' or will it go 'crack'?"
- Nigel: "Where are the cerulean birds?"
- Nigel: "That means 'blue,' by the way."
- Nigel: "Anything else?"
- Nigel: "Did they? Liar."
- Nigel: "Never send a monkey to do a bird's job."
- Nigel: "Keep celebrating. I'll be pooping on your party promptly."
- Nigel: "It only works when I do it."
- Nigel: "The croaking cockatoo doth bellow for revenge."
- Nigel: "That's Shakespeare, by the way."
- Nigel: "Fair point."
- Nigel: "Lights, camera, action."
- Nigel: "(Whispering) It was him."
- Nigel: "Shut up now. Shut up! ...It's just me."
- Nigel: "I will make you ugly... too."
- Nigel: "Get out of here, you putrid poultry!"
- Nigel: "We'll show our blue friends some love - some poisonous love."
- Nigel: "I can see why they call you 'Gabi' (gabby)."
- Nigel: "We' attack at the midnight hour... because it's more evil."
- Nigel: "A star, reborn!"
- Nigel: "Were are you, you filthy fowl?"
- Nigel: "I've been going about this all wrong."
- Nigel: "I need to search from higher ground."
- Nigel: "A little bit higher, er, lower, lower now."
- Nigel: "Yes, perfect."
- Nigel: "It's an infestation."
- Nigel: "It will be a performance to die for."
- Nigel: "Better, now go ten times faster."
- Nigel: "Ugh, river hogs!"
- Nigel: "Furious feathers in your face!"
- Nigel: "No — I just want to."
- Nigel: "Follow them!"
- Nigel: "De ja vu, Blu."
- Nigel: "To be, or not to be?"
- Nigel: "There he is!"
- Nigel: "I am, er... Bob. Yes. Bob - the bird."
- Nigel: "What are you looking at? Get me up there!"
- Nigel: "Prepare the tounge-a-pult!"
- Nigel: "Stop! That one is mine."
- Nigel: "Even in sleep you mock me!"
- Nigel: "Audition?"
- Nigel: "Charlie, you where supposed to wake me!"
- Nigel: "Be quiet!"
- Nigel: "Is this the end? I was too young, too beautiful, to live."
- Nigel: "What a nightmare."
- Nigel: "That blue bird caused my misery."
- Nigel: "My audience awaits."
- Nigel: "We're not here to snack! We're here to avenge!"
- Nigel: "Twinkle twinkle little Blu, how I wonder where were you?"
- Nigel: "Up above the world, so high - are you ready to die?"
- Nigel: "They're getting away!"
- Nigel: "You!"
- Nigel: "We're not dead?"
- Nigel: "I'm sorry! I'll be nice! No! No!"
- Nigel: "Charlie, prepare the nose-zooka!"
- Nigel: "Foiled again!"
Quotes from Rio: Snakes Alive
- Nigel: "Oh the Indignity! Reduced to performing for crumbs."
- Nigel: "My fame long gone, even my plumage but a memory!"
- Nigel: "If only I could flambe the miserable Macaw that did this to me..that..Blu!"
- Nigel: "Mmm pao queij!"
- Nigel: "Fans!"
- Nigel: "They want to bring me back?"
- Nigel: "I'll show them I've still got it."
- Nigel: "This routine always left them in tears."
- Nigel: "Not a dry eye in the house."
- Nigel: "I'm doomed, doomed to fret and strut without even a stage!"
- Nigel: "Still...with a strict diet, a healthy regimen."
- Nigel: "I could re-grow my feathers."
- Nigel: "But who am I kidding? That's far too hard."
- Nigel: "There must be a simpler way!"
- Nigel: "Unless...there may be a faster way to restore my lost luster."
- Nigel: "That feather boa!"
- Nigel: "Soon everyone will know me again! Everyone!"
- Nigel: "This time I'll make sure they never forget!"
- Nigel: "While some plan to help others, others plan to help themselves!"
- Nigel: "After all those years of indulging in wickedness."
- Nigel: "Now one lucky break can put me back on top again!"
- Nigel: "I must ask was all that evil worth-while?"
- Nigel: "Perhaps, when once again adored by millions."
- Nigel: "I'll look upon those less fortunate with kindnesss."
- Nigel: "Or, maybe...Not!"
- Nigel: "I can feel myself changing."
- Nigel: "My Sulfur-crested beauty returning!"
- Nigel: "I've done it! I am again at last...a pretty bird!"
- Nigel: "That could have gone better."
- Nigel: "An elixir that restores feathers? My fortune continues!"
- Nigel: "I'll follow the foul fowls in secret."
- Nigel: "Based on what I just overheard."
- Nigel: "When the time's right, I'll get new feathers and revenge!"
- Nigel: "A lack of feathers may prevent flying."
- Nigel: "But my brilliant mind can uncover far more comfortable alternatives!"
- Nigel: "What are you looking at?"
- Nigel: "I've had bigger worms for lunch."
- Nigel: "Don't...look...down."
- Nigel: "So it works? How does he know?"
- Nigel: "If only my eyes would adjust to the dark faster!"
- Nigel: "It does work, they must have tried it."
- Nigel: "Now those little blue simpletons could fill a pillow all by themselves."
- Nigel: "They'll be blue in more ways in one when I'm through with them."
- Nigel: "Best take a moment to plan."
- Nigel: "How do I distract them and get the elixir for myself?"
- Nigel: "Think, Nigel think! All I need is an idea."
- Nigel: "Here's an idea now! How nice!"
- Nigel: "These batty bats already have something against my foes."
- Nigel: "All I have to do is steer them in the right direction!"
- Nigel: "As a matter of fact I have!"
- Nigel: "There were two--terribly rude, horrid creatures, the kind who'd take advantage of any bat!"
- Nigel: "Really? I'm diurnal myself...no, it just means I see better in the day."
- Nigel: "Lucky for you, the beastly birds are in there, a lovely dark cave!"
- Nigel: "Not quite. That's a wall. Just a wee bit to the left."
- Nigel: "Is there nothing more touching than a family that helps one another no matter what? Or more useful?"
- Nigel: "Ha-Ha The elixir is mine!"
- Nigel: "Oh, the indignity! Or, to put it another way...YIKES!"
- Nigel: "wait...I remember...the cave-in...the elixir...it worked!"
- Nigel: "Stand back rainbows! Out the way sunsets! Bow your head in shame starry nights! Nigel is back!"
- Nigel: "The elixir is all gone, but who cares? It served its purpose!"
- Nigel: "With those wretched birds out of the way, nothing can stop me!"
- Nigel: "Oh brother, what's this now?"
- Nigel: "Your parents? Ah yes, oh...well, unfortunately...they were trapped in a cave-in!"
- Nigel: "No! Not my feathers! Don't hurt my beautiful feathers!"
- Nigel: "Me first!"
- Nigel: "Well, that worked out nicely!"
- Nigel: "Now, with my feathers doubtless more lovely than ever, with my talent clearly at it's peak."
- Nigel: "I go to reclaim my career!"
- Nigel: "I'll show them what I've got! I'll show the entire city!"
- Nigel: "A little of this...a bit of that...of course a dash of this...and they'll be eating out of my wings for a change!"
- Nigel: "Step, step, turn."
- Nigel: "Where's everyone going?"
- Nigel: "They'll miss my big finish! It's a killer!"
- Nigel: "My undoing is Blu's doing--again!"
- Nigel: "Am I never to be free of that meddlesome macaw?"
- Nigel: "The fires! I mustn't let a single spark near my fine feathers!"
- Nigel: "As a star, I appreciate a follower as much as the next fellow, but this is absurd!"
- Nigel: "Now I just have to find those two rich and discerning fans who will relaunch my career!"
- Nigel: "To quote the great Edmund Kean, dying is easy, comedy is hard!"
- Nigel: "Well, then! It seems my talent has not gone unappreciated!"
- Nigel: "Eh?"
- Nigel: "No! Stop! Please! I am a pretty bird! A pretty bird!"
- Main article: Nigel/Gallery
|Rio (2011) • Rio 2 (2014) • Rio 3 (TBA)|
|Rio: The Series (TBD)|
|Blu • Jewel • Rafael • Nico • Pedro • Luiz • Carla • Bia • Tiago • Nigel • Fernando • Linda Gunderson • Tulio Monteiro • Eva • Mimi • Eduardo • Roberto • Gabi • Charlie • Big Boss • Felipe • Tiny • Claira|
|Multiplayer Party Game • DS version • Angry Birds Rio|
|"Real in Rio" • "Hot Wings (I Wanna Party)" • "Pretty Bird" • "Take You To Rio" • "Let Me Take You To Rio" • "Telling the World" • "Sapo Cai" • "Fly Love" • "Samba de Orly" • "Funky Monkey" • "What Is Love" • "Welcome Back" • "It's A Jungle Out Here" • "I Will Survive" • "Don't Go Away" • "Beautiful Creatures" • "Favo De Mel" • "Ô Vida" • "Bola Viva" • "Poisonous Love" • "Rio Rio"|