Jewel is the deuteragonist of Rio and Rio 2. "The Gem of the forest" may be her pseudonym, but don't let those long shiny eyelashes and silky light blue feathers fool you. She's one sassy chick with an attitude and has the opposite personality in most ways of her mate, Blu. She loves to fly and cherishes her freedom, and would never look into a cage, let alone fly into one. When she finds herself stuck with a domesticated "pet," she learns that being grounded may not be so bad after all. Eventually, she learns to be more trusting, as shown when she lets Tulio tend to her wing.
When it is believed that Jewel is the last female of her kind, she is taken to Tulio Monteiro's aviary, to await the arrival of the speculated last male of the species: Blu. Jewel attacks Blu when she first sees him before realizing that he looks like her and is the same species. She leads him to find an escape route, but he unknowingly attempts to kiss her. Outraged and disgusted, Jewel attacks Blu. Later, while trying to escape, she is captured by a young boy, named Fernando, who takes her and Blu to a band of smugglers, who chain the two together. Jewel attempts another escape, aided and abetted by Blu (who opens the cage, but whose inability to fly drags her down). Forced to move on foot, they barely manage to escape the smugglers' pet Cockatoo, Nigel, and head into the jungle - sheltering at Vista Chinesa throughout the night.
The next morning, Blu and Jewel try to get the chain off with one of Blu's ideas, which went wrong when the rope vine got stuck on Blu's beak. They then meet Rafael, who offers to take them to see his friend Luiz to remove the chain. Jewel and Rafael try to help Blu fly, but they failed the attempt to help Blu. They crash onto the beach below. Making their way into town, they meet Pedro and Nico, who, having given Blu romantic advice the day before, assume that it worked, to her annoyance. Informed that they have just missed the tram that would take them to Luiz, Jewel and Blu are taken to a birds' Samba Club. Inspired by the music, Blu starts to dance, which impresses Jewel. Jewel dances a beautiful duet with Blu, and just as it seems as if they will kiss, they are accosted by a band of marmosets, hired by Nigel to find them. A battle ensues, with Jewel and Blu working together to beat some of the marmosets. As the trolley arrives, they are given a lift there by Kipo.
On the trolley roof, Jewel and Blu share some awkward, near-romantic moments. When they arrive at Luiz's Garage, Jewel is surprised to learn that Luiz is a Bulldog. Luiz tries to saw through the chain, but in the ensuing chaos, accidentally lubricates Jewel and Blu's feet with his drool, freeing them. Jewel is overjoyed to be able to fly again, but spots Blu trying to leave. She asks him to stay, but he tells her that he can't spend the rest of his life walking around after her. Angered, Jewel responds by telling him that it's not her fault he can't fly. Blu retaliates by claiming to hate samba (much to Nico's tearful dismay). Incensed, Jewel says, "See you 'round, pet!" and leaves. As she tearfully flies away, she is captured by Nigel and used as bait to lure Blu to the smugglers. The trap works, and Jewel, Blu and their friends are loaded into the smugglers' plane, which takes off.
During the flight, Blu escapes, frees Jewel, and together they free the others. The birds fly out of the plane, except for Jewel, who knows Blu is still scared to fly. As she tries to comfort him, he is pinned down by Nigel. Jewel tries to help, but is knocked into the plane's wall, causing a cage to fall on her wing, injuring it. After Blu gets rid of Nigel, Jewel falls out of the plane, and Blu jumps after her. Jewel calls Blu crazy for coming after her, but after hearing him say that he won't let her go, she kisses him. The kiss awakens the rhythm of Blu's heart, finally enabling him to fly, much to both macaws' joy. Blu flies Jewel to Linda and Tulio, who attempt to tend to her wing. Jewel, still distrustful of humans, is wary, but Blu convinces her to let Tulio help. Some time later, a fully healed Jewel is released into the wild, joined by Blu. In the last scene of the movie, Blu, Jewel, and their three chicks, Bia, Carla, and Tiago, fly and sing in their new home.
| Spoiler Warning!|
This page or section contains plot details or other media contents about an upcoming episode or film. Proceed at your own discretion.
A few years after the events of the first movie, we find Jewel and Blu celebrating new year's eve. They are dancing, and Jewel comments of Blu's moves and how great it was that Rafael could watch the kids. When they see Rafael dancing with Eva, however, they become nervous. Rafael tells them that he left the kids with Luiz, which worries them more when they see Luiz dancing with the kids no where to be seen. Jewel and Blu ask where they are, and are horrified when he tells them that he left them with Tiny. Jewel and Blu arrive to find that Bia, Carla, and Tiago are about to start a firework display, Tiny strapped to one of the fireworks. Jewel stops Tiago lighting the fireworks as Blu takes away the matches. When Carla complains that Blu always says no, Blu asks Jewel if he always says no, and she automatically says yes, but when he looks at her she quickly says that he doesn't. Carla then says that Jewel is coming close to Blu when it comes to saying 'no'. As Blu's tail catches fire and when the fireworks are set alight (with Tiny strapped to them), Jewel looks on with worry. As the fireworks go off, Jewel and the kids fly up to the Christ the Redeemer as Blu falls onto it beside them. They watch the fireworks, with Jewel leaning against Blu and watching them with content.
After New Year's Eve, Jewel is very happy when she finds a Brazil nut so close to the city. She flies across Rio to the Blu Bird Sanctuary, greeting Fernando with a squawk when he calls hello. She lands on her and Blu's nest, calling Blu and the kids, but finds the nest empty. She is confused, but then she sees Blu and the kids in Linda and Tulio's cottage. Annoyed, she flies down to find Blu making pancakes. She is irritated, and Blu changes the subject by asking what she has. Jewel tells him that it is a Brazil nut, and she wants to show the kids how to open it. Tiago then opens a can of Brazil nuts, which further annoys Jewel. Before she can start arguing with Blu, Carla points out that they are on the news. When Jewel hears about the wild Spix's macaw sighting, she looks shocked. She is intrigued by the fact that they might not be the only ones, and then suggests a trip to the Amazon to help Linda and Tulio find the Spix's macaws. She then starts saying that the kids are too like humans, and says that it would be an opportunity for them to connect to their roots and see what she had growing up. Blu is hesitant, but agrees.
Jewel is excited about the journey, but annoyed when she sees that Blu is bringing a fanny-pack. She doubts the GPS, asking if he trusts it. She is disappointed when Carla refuses to go, but when Nico, Pedro and Rafael join the expedition, Carla changes her mind. On the journey, Jewel is constantly annoyed by the GPS, but enjoys the trip. When they reach Manaus, she gives Blu a happy look as it the last city they are going through before they reach the Amazon. On the boat, Jewel relishes the clear air, and then thanks Blu for agreeing on the trip, saying she appreciates it. Along with the others, Jewel is unaware that Nigel is following them, along with Gabi and Charlie. She sleeps beside Blu as Nigel tries to carry out his plan of revenge, but as the boat horn goes off (accidently caused by Charlie), Nigel's plan is foiled and he and his companions flee as they wake up. Believing that Tiago did it, Jewel scolds him.
In the Amazon, Jewel is comfortable and happy to be in the wild. As Bia chases Tiago, Jewel goes to get them before they get lost. They then discover the Spix's macaws, to everybody's delight. Jewel is ecstatic, marveling over how amazing it is. As Blu is approached by the hostile Eduardo, Jewel rushes to defend her mate. They then recognize each other - Eduardo is Jewel's father, and Jewel's past is revealed; she was separated from her family when loggers came and started a fire. Jewel hugs her father, who says that she looks so much like her mother. Eduardo can't believe it, and feels terrible that she was alone all that time, but Jewel explains that Blu found her. As Carla asks her mother if she is okay, Eduardo asks Jewel if he is a grandfather, and Jewel introduces Carla, Bia and Tiago.
Eduardo flies with Jewel and her family, announcing her return to the tribe. Jewel is reunited with her aunt, Mimi, and the two hug joyously. Jewel is then reunited with Roberto, her childhood friend, when he sings a 'Welcome Back' song when he hears of her return. The two call each other by their playmate nicknames, ('Ju-Ju' for Jewel and 'Beto' for Roberto) and Blu is uncomfortable, saying to Jewel that she never mentioned Roberto. She says that there is nothing to mention, clearly not noticing Blu's unease. Jewel then recognises the music starting, and flies away to join in the dance. Roberto places a yellow flower on her head, and the two friends dance together. Jewel tells Blu to join in, but she continues to dance with Roberto, making Blu left out. Afterwards, Roberto, out of his generosity, insists that Jewel and her family move into his nest. He leaves for a night patrol, saying goodnight to Jewel. Jewel then sings a lullaby to Bia, Carla and Tiago, singing them to sleep, but Tiago asks her to sing it again. Jewel gently declines, saying that it was time for bed. As the three chicks sleep, Jewel falls asleep under Blu's wing, saying that the discovery of their family changes everything. Blu asks what's changing, but Jewel is asleep before she can answer.
In the morning, Eduardo takes Blu out for a tour of the area as Jewel and the kids look around the tribe's home. When Blu returns, Jewel asks how it was, and is disappointed when Blu tells her how badly it went. Jewel and Blu later watch the sunset, and as Blu is annoyed by an insect, Jewel suddenly eats it, to his shock. In the morning, Blu decides to get a Brazil nut for Jewel, her favorite, but ends up trespassing on the Scarlet macaw's territory in his search for one. When Blu tells Eduardo and Jewel, Jewel is angry at first as Blu doesn't even like nuts, but when he tells her he was getting it for her, Jewel is touched.
At the soccer match, Jewel cheers on the Spix's macaw team with Mimi and the kids. She is surprised and disappointed when Blu accidentally loses the game, and when everybody leaves, she flies to him to ask him what happened. When Blu admits that he wants to go home, Jewel starts to try and reason with him that maybe the Amazon is home, not Rio. The two end up arguing, and Jewel flies away when she tells Blu to figure out what he wants to do and to start thinking about them instead of himself. As she watches Blu leave with his fanny pack and GPS, she is heartbroken, thinking that he might be leaving them. When Roberto later turns up in a fit-like state, telling the tribe about the loggers, Jewel is shocked and afraid that Blu is there on his own. Eduardo begins to evacuate the tribe, but Jewel refuses to leave without Blu. Blu then turns up, and Jewel rubs her beak with his as they reunite. Jewel gathers Bia, Carla and Tiago as Blu tells the tribe that with his knowledge of humans and theirs of the jungle, they can beat the loggers.
Jewel fights alongside her family during the battle, throwing brazil nuts onto the loggers. When the dynamite explodes with Blu and Nigel right beneath it, Jewel, terrified for Blu, calls out to him, trying to see him. As Nigel and Gabi apparently die, Jewel stands beside Blu, looking on, surprised that Nigel has been planning revenge. As Bia says that Gabi isn't poisonous, Nigel tries to reach Blu. Jewel looks on with a look of alarm and fear, shielding Carla with her wings, but Gabi drags Nigel away. Afterwards, Jewel celebrates with her family. As they dance, Jewel asks Blu about whether he is positive that he is comfortable living in the Amazon, he assures her that he is 'totally wild'. Jewel is delighted, and the couple continue to celebrate. Jewel then says that they could spend Summers in Rio, to which Blu agrees.
She has light blue feathers, unlike Blu. Her wings and tail are darker than the rest of her, and she is shorter and smaller than her mate. Her eyes are turquoise, and she has darker blue eyelids with a lavender tint. She has white facial markings extending from her forehead to the bottom of her beak around the chin area. She has long, batting, dark eyelashes which curl up erect from her eyes. She has a dense cluster of gently-curved feathers on the back of her head and no feathers on her neck, unlike Blu.
Personality and Traits
Jewel is initially fiercely independent, with a love of flying free. She has a funky attitude, and thinks more about escaping and flying than anything else. She is very mistrustful of humans (badly scratching one of Tulio's assistants) and doesn't think much of the "pet" bird Blu. After their duet at the Samba Club however, she warms up to Blu considerably. When he jumps out of the Smugglers' plane after her, she is touched to the point of kissing him passionately. With encouragement from Blu, she seems to overcome her distrust of humans, allowing Tulio to tend to her injury.
Stubborn, feisty and focusing on her own ideas, Jewel's the kind of spunky girl who likes what she likes, thinks what she thinks, and acts far before realizing what she's got herself into. She is a hard to get gal from Blu's point of view. Despite her scowl, she is a beautiful gem, and has a softer and more understanding side, shown when she feels that someone's feelings have been hurt (and not from some rude comment). Overall, Jewel has a split-personality: a hard, selfish side, and a sweet, understanding side which just might be the true Jewel.
Blu and Jewel
"The Gem of the Forest" may be what they call her, but don't let her charm and dazzling looks fool you. Jewel is aggressive, not easily impressed, and has a funky attitude. So how does a girl like her fall for a shy and socially awkward "pet"? Blu and Jewel's first meeting did not turn out well, it was a disaster. But throughout the ensuing events, Jewel fell for Blu. It wasn't until Blu jumped out of the plane that she realized Blu loved her. The two had three babies, Bia, Carla, and Tiago, who appear at the end of Rio and once again in Rio 2.
Jewel is not impressed when she first meets Blu. She is angered by his attempt to kiss her (as he is using advice from Nico and Pedro), and becomes condescending when she finds out he is a "pet," with his inability to fly annoying her further. When Rafael tries to teach Blu how to fly by jumping off of the side of the cliff, Jewel uses emotion to play around with as the sentence goes:
Rafael: "Come on, amigo! It's not like she's gonna bite! Will you?"
Jewel: "We'll see."
It isn't until they dance together at the Samba Club that Jewel starts to warm up to Blu. After their dechaining and argument, Jewel cries as she flies off. When Blu jumps out of the smugglers' plane after her, she realizes he loves her, since Blu risked his life to save her.
In Rio 2, Jewel is a caring and supportive wife to Blu, though she is sometimes irritated by his habit of making the kids pancakes, and his reliance on human things. During their time in the Amazon, they briefly argue over Blu's desire to leave, with Jewel telling him to stop thinking about himself, and start thinking about his family. Jewel is disheartened when Blu appears to fly over to Linda's position. However, she refuses to follow Eduardo's orders to evacuate when the loggers come, telling him that Blu is her family. When Blu does come back, they touch beaks, glad to see each other again.
Eduardo is Jewel's protective father and the leader of the remaining clan of Spix macaws who have been hiding in the Amazon Rainforest. She is tearfully reunited with him when she and her family stumbles on their territory. It was revealed that Jewel was separated from Eduardo, along with the rest of her family at a young age, due to a tragic event.
Roberto is Jewel's childhood friend. Jewel is joyful to see him again, and Roberto greets her back into the tribe with a "Welcome Back" song. The past relationship between the two ignites jealousy in Blu, as he fears Roberto will take Jewel away from him.
Jewel's aunt, Mimi and Jewel are very close. Mimi obviously loves her niece, showing obvious excitement and joy at their reunion and affectionately calling Jewel her "little wild flower." Mimi is the only one who accepts Blu, and she welcomes both Jewel and her mate into the Spix's macaw tribe. When Eduardo shows disapproval of his daughter's mate, Mimi is the one to remind Eduardo that Jewel is all grown up and that he must honor her choice of mate.
Jewel is not amused with Pedro and Nico, but after knowing them with Blu she quickly befriends them; however, she ignores them most of the time. After being freed from the chain, she has them join her in flying above Luiz's garage.
Jewel respects Rafael's wisdom and intelligence, trusting him to lead her and Blu to Luiz.
In the beginning of the story, Jewel is greatly distrustful and hostile towards humans, badly scratching one of Tulio's interns. However, Blu is able to convince her to let Tulio tend to her broken wing. When her wing is healed, Jewel lets Tulio carry her up to the Blu Bird Sanctuary's tower, suggesting that she now trusts him.
Jewel is not afraid of Nigel, despite his cruelty. Nigel and Jewel seem to despise each other. On several occasions, Jewel attempted to attack Nigel, but every time she tried she was overpowered by him.
Initially scared when she notices he's a bulldog, Jewel's mood quickly turns to revulsion over his incessant drooling.
Jewel has three children with Blu: Bia, Carla, and Tiago. She is a caring, loving, and supportive mother to all of them. She seems to have the closest relationship with Carla, but she loves all three of them dearly. Jewel even kisses them good night and sings them a lullaby in the Amazon to help them sleep.
- In the samba club she was carried away by the song "Hot Wings (I Wanna Party)," and she sang along with it. Also, she was singing once she was finally free, and finally, in the sanctuary in the jungle, during the first part of the closing credits, she sings along with Blu and their chicks.
- Also in the samba club, when she saw Blu dancing, she danced along with him, warming up the relationship of the two. Also, she dances with her family in he Amazon.
- She used physical force against Nigel twice in the first movie. Although she was overpowered both times, she is still a bird that doesn't give up a fight.
- She was seen gripping Blu's throat.
- She also used her claws in her attempts to fight Nigel.
- Speaking in Portuguese (the language they speak in Brazil, where she spent all of her life. ("Quem é você? Quê está fazendo aqui?" means "Who are you? What are you doing here?")
- Playing Dead
- Opening Brazil Nuts
- She is the deuteragonist of the film, though Anne Hathaway is listed first in the opening and end credits due to her having top billing in the movie.
- On most posters of the first movie, Jewel is seen with a pink trumpet tree flower on her head. This is only for promotional purposes for Jewel. In the movie however, she is not seen wearing the flower.
- It's unknown how Jewel was kept in the aviary when she first met Blu and when she was healing after her wing was broken.
- When Blu and Jewel first met, she was speaking Portuguese.
- The fate of Jewel's parents wasn't revealed in the first movie, but her father appears in the sequel.
- In Rio 2, Jewel discovers that her long-lost father and his clan have been hiding in the Amazon rain forest, where their habitat is under threat.
- In Rio 2, she is reunited with her childhood friend, Roberto, who stirs up Blu's jealousy.
- In Rio 2, she is also reunited with her aunt, Eduardo's sister Mimi.
- Jewel's name in Spanish is Perla and Jade in Portuguese.
- Jewel sings one song in Rio 2: "Don't Go Away."
- According to Eduardo, Jewel looks a lot like her mother.
- According to Rio 2: The Junior Novel, Jewel's mother is dead; in the novel, Jewel looks hopefully at Eduardo when he mentions her mother, but the look he gives her says that she is gone.
- In Rio 2, it is revealed that Jewel was separated from her family when loggers came and caused a fire, where the flames and smoke caused Jewel and her family to be separated. Eduardo later went back for Jewel, but couldn't find her.
- Jewel: "Incredible! You would rather be with a... a-a-a human, than with your own kind!"
- Jewel: "Quem é você? Quê que você está fazendo aqui?" ("Who are you? What are you doing here?")
- Jewel: "Quê?" ("What?")
- Jewel: "Oh, you're an American."
- Jewel: "Yeah, well, because of them, I've lost everything. You can't trust them!"
- Jewel: "Blu, you are crazy, what are you doing?!"
- Jewel: "Flying is... it's freedom and not having to rely on anyone. Don't you want that?"
- Jewel: "Did you actually think we were gonna kiss?! We just met!"
- Jewel: "Will you quit it?"
- Jewel: "It's just a leaf, turn around."
- Jewel: "Leaf, told ya."
- Jewel: "Are you ready?"
- Jewel: "Just come on."
- Jewel: "We need to find a safe place to spend the night."
- Jewel: "Look, I hate to break it to you, but this is where our kind naturally lives."
- Jewel: "That is why we stay in the trees and not on the ground."
- Jewel: "See what you've been missing?"
- Jewel: "Birds, birds need flying."
- Jewel: "Oh, be careful, Blu. They might snuggle you to death."
- Jewel: "Precious aren't they?"
- Jewel: "Do you know how to get this... thing... off?"
- Jewel: "Easy breezy!"
- Jewel: "Let him go!"
- Jewel: "After you."
- Jewel: "Just do it!"
- Jewel: "You look like me."
- Jewel: "Right, come on, we don't have much time."
- Jewel: "What? You can't what?."
- Jewel: "I wouldn't expect a pet to understand."
- Jewel: "Oh, I'm sorry, sleepyhead, I'm trying to escape."
- Jewel: "You'll never find him. He's already gone."
- Jewel: "Oh yeah, I was just on my way to CLAW YOUR EYES OUT!"
- Jewel: "You're sure you're up for this?"
- Jewel: "Oh this is great."
- Jewel: "I'm chained to the only bird in the world who can't fly!"
- Jewel: "What are you doing?!"
- Jewel: "I am trying to escape."
- Jewel: "You couldn't tell me this before now?!"
- Jewel: "I hate you."
- Jewel: "Is there anything else I need to know?!"
- Jewel: "I can't believe I have to drag your clumsy butt up there."
- Jewel: "Ha ha, very funny."
- Jewel: "Let's get some sleep."
- Jewel: "It's gonna be so much fun!"
- Jewel: "Look, pet cages might work for you but I don't want to belong to anyone"
- Jewel: "Hey, back off!"
- Jewel: "We're not the only ones. How amazing!"
- Jewel: "If you wanna see Linda again, this is the only way."
- Jewel: "Hey, it's not my fault you can't fly."
- Jewel: "Fine! See you 'round, pet!"
- Jewel: "Are you sure this is gonna work?"
- Jewel: "Yes, that's... comforting, thank you."
- Jewel: "No, you can go find Linda."
- Jewel: "Once this chain is off, I'm gonna go back to being free in the jungle, deal?"
- Jewel: "Guess things like this don't happen in Tiny-Soda."
- Jewel: "Wait, Luiz is a bulldog?"
- Jewel: "I do when they're drooling on me."
- Jewel: "No, Blu, you can't be here."
- Jewel: "You have to go!"
- Jewel: "Nice try, brainiac."
- Jewel: "I guess love is deaf, too."
- Jewel: "A stick."
- Jewel: "It's just a rock."
- Jewel: "Shh, Play dead."
- Jewel: "Stop twitching."
- Jewel: "No one is coming."
- Jewel: "We're on our own and if we just sit here, we're going to die."
- Jewel: "No, I am definitely not okay!"
- Jewel: "Are you kidding me?"
- Jewel: "Let go of me!"
- Jewel: "No, that's not what I meant."
- Jewel: "Oh, what was I thinking?"
- Jewel: "Well, why didn't you follow me?"
- Jewel: "Are you going to help me or what?"
- Jewel: "Let's just get this chain broken."
- Jewel: "Blu, what's wrong?"
- Jewel: "I guess I thought maybe..."
- Jewel: "Come on, let's fly."
- Jewel: "I'm not panicking."
- Jewel: "Oh great!, and then she'll stick us behind another set of bars, right?"
- Jewel: "Look, pet, cages might work for you, but I don't want to belong to anyone."
- Jewel: "We gotta get outta here."
- Jewel: "Move, run, just move."
- Jewel: "For a bird who can't fly, oh yeah."
- Jewel: "Hey, where you going?"
- Jewel: "What are you doing?!"
- Jewel: "No, DUCK!"
- Jewel: "Janelle Monáe, we love her."
- Jewel: "We have to help Linda and Tulio find them!"
- Jewel: "Goodbye, stinky city air!"
- Jewel: "You're my one and only, Blu."
- Jewel: "I can't believe we found them!"
- Jewel: "Roberto?!"
- Jewel: "Unbelievable."
- Jewel: "There are more of us out there!"
- Jewel: "What a glorious morning!"
- Jewel: "Come on, Blu!"
- Jewel: "All right, we ready to go?"
- Jewel: "Carla, we're leaving!"
- Jewel: "Eva let you come?"
- Jewel: "I remember this song!"
- Jewel: "Really? A fanny pack?"
- Jewel: "Adorable."
- Jewel: "Would it kill you to leave behind the fanny pack?"
- Jewel: " Hey, everyone look what I found."
- Jewel: "Look at us! Ipods, tv, pancakes? We're not people, we're birds.
- Jewel: "I can't believe it..."
- Jewel: "Are you okay?"
- Jewel: "You trust this woman?"
- Jewel: "We gotta do something."
- Jewel: "We've found our family Blu. This changes everything!"
- Jewel: "You don't even like nuts."
- Jewel: "What's gotten into you Blu?"
- Jewel: "You were."
- Jewel: "You need to figure out what you want."
- Jewel: "Maybe stop thinking about just yourself and start thinking about us!"
- Jewel: "What! By himself?!"
- Jewel: "Dad, no not this time, I'm not going with you."
- Jewel: "Blu is my familly and I'm not leaving him behind!"
- Jewel: "Daddy, this is Carla, Bia, and Tiago."
- Jewel: "The kids are thriving, they love being in the wild."
- Jewel: "Maybe this place is home."
- Jewel: "Time for bed now."
- Jewel: "Blu!"
- Jewel: "We have to get out into the wild and be birds, Blu!"
- Jewel: "Let the kids connect to their roots, show them what I had!"
- Jewel: "They need this, we need this. Come on Blu, what do you say?"
- Jewel: "Thank you for doing this, I really appreciate it."
- Jewel: "Of course I do."
- Jewel: "Whoa! What's going on?"
- Jewel: " Whoa, whoa, whoa, Where you going, little bird?"
- Jewel: "Yes. I mean, no."
- Jewel: "Can't you just forget about Linda and Tulio for one minute and enjoy a sunset."
- Jewel: "I'll get them - Bia, Tiago!"
- Jewel: "There were loggers... fire... there was so much smoke..."
- Jewel: "...gone."
- Jewel: "It's okay dad,I wasn't alone.Blu found me."
- Jewel: "Back then I called him Beto."
- Jewel: "Maybe it's best if we're left alone."
- Jewel: "You sure you can make the Amazon our home."
- Jewel: "Hey sweetie there you are, what's taking you so long?"
- Jewel: "Maybe we could do Summers in Rio."
- Jewel: "We should talk about this."
- Jewel: "Hey, What happened back there?"
- Jewel: "You remembered, isn't that nice?"
- Jewel: "What are you talking about?"
- Jewel: "You sleep in all the time."
- Jewel: "It's so crazy good, thank you so much Blu."
- Jewel: "Enough with that GPS, really?"
- Jewel: "The whole tribe is gathering to watch the sunset."
- Main article: Jewel/Gallery
|Rio (2011) • Rio 2 (2014) • Rio 3 (TBA)|
|Rio: The Series (TBD)|
|Blu • Jewel • Rafael • Nico • Pedro • Luiz • Bia • Carla • Tiago • Nigel • Fernando • Linda Gunderson • Tulio Monteiro • Eva • Mimi • Eduardo • Roberto • Gabi • Charlie • Felipe • Tiny • Clara|
|Multiplayer Party Game • DS version • Angry Birds Rio|
|"Real in Rio" • "Hot Wings (I Wanna Party)" • "Pretty Bird" • "Take You To Rio" • "Telling the World" • "Sapo Cai" • "Fly Love" • Samba de Orly • "What Is Love" • "Welcome Back" • "It's A Jungle Out Here" • "I Will Survive" • "Don't Go Away" • "Beautiful Creatures" • "Favo De Mel" • "Ô Vida" • "Bola Viva" • "Poisonous Love"|