The Centro de Conservaçāo Ambiental (Centre for Environmental Conservation), often referred to as "Tulio's Aviary", is a location shown during Rio where Tulio takes Blu and Linda to meet Jewel. The name was chosen by the director of Rio, Carlos Saldanha. It is the name of a real bird sanctuary in Rio de Janeiro. This avicultural sanctuary brings in birds from various foundations for their safety, and those saved from smugglers. The staffs there are pour all their efforts into avian species conservation.
- This is where Blu and Jewel first met.
- This place was probably inspired by the Botanical Garden of Rio de Janeiro (Jardim Botânico do Rio de Janeiro), of which the architectural styling is similar.
- Ornithologists technically have the right to break into someone's home and confiscate their pet birds for emergency species conservation without their owners' permission by law, under dire conditions.
- In Rio, 36 different species of birds were shown at the centre, including the Cockatoo, Parakeet, Spix's Macaw and Red-Beaked Hawk.
- Ornithology a branch of zoology that involves the study of birds, including macaws.
- It is unknown what became of the conversational center following the ending of Rio. It's most likely that Tulio still runs it as a part-time job alongside his work at the Blu Bird Sanctuary.
- The name means Centre for Environmental Conservation in Spanish.
- When Tulio gives Linda his business card, the phone number on it reads (55) 21 5342-11004 and the extension reads 6345.
- Main article: Centro de Conservaçāo Ambiental/Gallery