The Carnival Barker is a minor human character from Rio 2. He owns a small kiosk in the market at the port of Manaus, Brazil. He keeps Charlie and Nigel as tourist attractions to help him make money. Gabi is also kept in a jar of his as merchandise. The Carnival Barker is voiced by Bernardo de Paula, who also voices Kipo and the Blue Sentry.
The carnival barker is first seen calling out his "bird of mystery," Nigel, from his small shelter, and tries to find a customer. Meanwhile, to the right of the wooden stand, right in front of his kiosk, Charlie is tap-dancing, and after getting a coin tip from a passing patron he is seen trying to reach for a jar of ants. The barker immediately sees this and shouts at his tap-dancer, ordering him to keep off the jar and get back to work.
Momentarily, an obnoxious kid, with his mother, walks in front of the kiosk and he notices Nigel in his costume. The boy, wanting to know his fortune, stops by the barker's kiosk, and so does his mom. The carnival barker welcomes the boy and his mother. Next, he pulls out the drawer, located under Nigel's shelter, that holds sets of fortune-telling cards, and instructs Nigel, poking him with a wooden stick, to pick one out.
After Nigel (enraged by seeing Blu again) stuffs the boy's ice cream cone into his mouth, the barker tries to keep his outraged bird at bay. He attempts to strike Nigel with the stick in his hand, but the strike is blocked by Nigel. The carnival barker is suppressed and counter-attacked by the cockatoo, and is eventually thrown into his kiosk.
The carnival barker wears a dark red undershirt and a pair of jean shorts. He has a blue and white cap which says "Manaus" on the white front side. He has tan-colored skin, brown eyes and a short beard and mustache. He has a tattoo on his right shoulder.
- Carnival Barker: "Hey, bird, it's showtime."
- Carnival Barker: "From the streets of Rio to the Amazon jungle. The bird of mystery!"
- Carnival Barker: "Come around. Don't be shy. Learn your destiny."
- Carnival Barker: "Hey! Get away from those. Back to work."
- Carnival Barker: "Welcome, madame."
- Carnival Barker: "This amazing cockatoo will reveal your future."
- Carnival Barker: "Alright, bird, pick a fortune."
- Carnival Barker: "Come on, bird. Pick it already."
- Carnival Barker: "What's the matter with you?"
- Carnival Barker: "Nice, birdy."