In the film, the smugglers use the Carnival parade as cover to move the captured birds to the airport. Linda and Tulio infiltrate the parade dressed as dancers (their outfits resembling Blu and Jewel). Later, Linda steals a float to chase after the smugglers. Meanwhile, Blu, Rafael, Nico, Pedro and Luiz attempt to make their way through the parade to reach the smugglers and rescue Jewel. In one scene, Blu is even seen skateboarding.
- During Carnival, Linda and Tulio wore dancer costumes that resembled both Blu and Jewel.
- During the ending credits, a photo was shown with Sylvio and Luiz dancing together and wearing the same costumes.
- Carnival is considered the biggest party in the world.
- Marcel uses Carnival as a cover for the smuggled birds.
- Every year, a parade of samba schools travels through the Sambadrome Marquês de Sapucaí.
- Obviously, you cannot get in a parade last minute with a car (like Marcel). Floats are prepared by Samba schools and have a specific theme that they should follow.
- Although in the movie Linda drives a float like a car, they usually do not have engines and are instead, pushed all the way through the avenue by people. That's to prevent the engine from starting a fire in the float, since they are all made of crafty materials and could easily burn.