Role in Rio 2
Blu takes the pack with him to the Amazon. Inside the pack are:
- a GPS navigator
- an All-in-one Adventurer's Knife
- an electric toothbrush
- a roll of toilet paper
- a torch
- a whistle
- bug spray
- a compressible plastic drinking cup
- a box of breath mints
- a flathead screwdriver
- a pen
- a band aid (only mentioned by Blu)
- a water purifier (only mentioned by Blu)
- a smart phone (as seen in the "Silence Your Cellphones and Use CineMode!" promo)
- The term "fanny pack" was first mentioned by Jewel. Speaking to I'm with Geek, Carlos Saldanha said that the filmmakers recorded both it and "bum bag" for European audiences due to not having the same meaning.
- Presumably, Bia's Amazonia pop-up booklet and Carla's iPod were also put inside the bag during flights.
- It reflects how domesticated or humanized Blu is and how he lives like a human being.
- According to Blu, the fanny pack was given to him by Linda.
- At the end of Rio 2, Eduardo was seen wearing a fanny pack. It's possible that it was given to him by Linda as well. It also symbolizes his acceptance of humans and their ways.